American Express Careers
Counsel - Amex Digital Labs
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps our business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
The Digital and Data Partnerships legal team is seeking an attorney for a Counsel position that will provide a broad range of transactional and product-level support to Amex Digital Labs, the team responsible for spearheading the Company’s digital and mobile payments strategy and developing innovative ways to provide value to Card Members.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Support the drafting, negotiation and ongoing support of digital partnership agreements
- Provide on-the-ground support and legal review of digital and mobile product features and capabilities from ideation through launch, including review of user experiences and disclosures, partner integration, business development initiatives, and marketing and servicing strategies
- Engage in ongoing cross-functional collaboration to address privacy, consumer protection, compliance, bank regulatory, intellectual property, data security, data strategy and other issues
- Interact with levels of management, numerous business teams and stakeholders across the Company
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s degree & J.D.
- Qualified to practice law in NY or eligibility to do so
- 6+ years of relevant legal experience at a firm or in-house
- A lot of intellectual curiosity especially in the face of novel and emerging constructs
- Skilled collaborator who appropriately and constructively engages colleagues and shares information while driving results that move the business forward
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands while maintaining high attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively, in both oral and written format
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to pivot appropriately when challenged with new information or evolving circumstances
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with technology law, privacy, data security, data strategy, IP, advertising, social media and financial services
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs
- Travel: Little to none
- Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 12:00:00 AM