American Express Careers
HR Manager for Spain
The Market HR Manager of the Spanish market, reports to the Chief HR Officer (CHRO) and is member of an HR team. He/she operates under the simple premise that people are our most valuable resource. Under the supervision of the CHRO, he/she is responsible for partnering to business leaders, enabling Market – wide business success and enhancing the employee experience to drive business outcomes.
The Market HR Manager has to ensure American Express values come to life as One American Express (AXP) through our behaviors and infrastructure in a manner that is consistent with our brand, and to act as the guardian of our culture with his/her internal clients. In partnership with the Market HR team, he/she will support the CHRO in the in the execution of the Market Employee Plan and will co-lead the OneAXP approach to deliver the change agenda locally, be it strategic, structural or programmed level change.
The Market HR Manager will support the Talent Strategy and will be accountable for owning the quality of the talents in the market under his/her business units. He/she will co-drive business priorities resulting in local talent planning actions such as segmented skills gap analysis, targeted development talent moves and solving for ready now talent. He/She will also support the CHRO in identifying and ensuring robust Succession Plans for the members of the Country Executive Team.
The Market HR Manager, will partner in enabling country performance by optimizing the organization within the country as defined by the business and growth agendas, as well as the market wide development and engagement agendas.
The Market HR Manager will be a key driver in ensuring that the Market HR and Employee Relation operations within the Spanish market are mission capable - delivering on the organization’s needs. He/She will partner with the HR team who is also responsible for site compliance with local regulations and audits (i.e. HR Health & Safety activities).
Inspiring success is more than a job, it’s a calling that builds the culture of American Express.
Not just a workplace, but a place people want to work.
Partnering with the Spanish HR team and International HR colleagues, there are plenty of opportunities to make your mark on people and life at American Express. Focusing on our four key objectives of Talent Leadership, Change Leadership, Performance Leadership and HR Effectiveness here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Partnering in the execution of all people processes including but not limited to Talent Reviews/Sharing, Succession Planning and Diversity Initiatives
- Co-leading and executing a Market specific talent management strategy resulting in actions, such as targeted development talent moves
- Participating and executing the talent strategy for Middle Management roles in the Market, with the support of Center of Excellence (COEs) and HR Business Partners (HRBPs) as needed
- Interpret and present HR data to offer strategic insight into talent performance solutions and measure the results of all implemented initiatives
- Ensure Talent excellence by facilitating local and cross-market talent moves, in partnership with HRBPs
- Supporting Top Management talent review process to provide input to the HRBPs and COE
- Partnering in identifying the collective development needs of the Market through talent reviews, leadership insights and employee feedback
- Co-creating a development strategy for the broader employee base as well as specific plans for addressing the needs of the high potential talent in Market using centrally created solutions
- Collaborate with the global COEs to ensure the global strategy is inclusive of Market needs
Employee Engagement & Advocacy:
- Developing and executing Market engagement agenda considering feedback from the Employee Annual Survey
- Partnering with Business Leaders to ensure an effective employee experience across the employee lifecycle, providing thought leadership across the market
- Representing the voice of employees and the needs of the Market under CHRO supervision
- Ensuring area/site compliance with HR policies, local workforce laws and regulations
- Partnering in the management and support of change and transformation effectively presenting and communicating to the key stakeholders
- Supporting a strong employment brand for American Express in the Market, working with business leaders, COEs, external partners and government representatives
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrable experience in HR Generalist, Specialist or Talent focused role with a broad knowledge of HR practices (10+ years)
- Experience in managing complex Spanish Employee & Labor Relations initiatives (5+ years)
- Experience within a large international corporate, fast paced environment
- Ability to build effective relationships and provide consultancy and advice to senior business stakeholders to add value and enhance services
- Business Acumen and ability to influence in a matrix organization
- Excellent project management skills with the proven ability to lead and deliver large scale projects and initiatives
- Outcome oriented approach
- Ability to provide strategic thought leadership
- Customer orientation and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, having experience in working abroad is preferable.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and online tools.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 6:40:20 AM