American Express Careers
Manager, Marketing – Southeast Asia
GNS (Global Network Services) operates in all regions globally to drive scale and relevance for the American Express Brand through our Acquiring and Issuing partners.
The Manager, Marketing – Southeast Asia, will play an integral role in the GNS Global Product and Marketing team to create strong value for our Acquiring / Issuing Partners. The successful candidate would be an experienced marketer who will work closely with Business Development teams and Centres of Excellence (COEs) within American Express and our external partners to deliver strong business results.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Day-to-day relationship lead to bank partners’ marketing departments, both issuing and acquiring, as it relates to key activities (e.g. new product development, product refreshes, local benefit activation, perception of coverage, etc.)
• Manage diverse set of markets and partners within Southeast and Northeast Asia, driving prioritization of key growth levers working closely with the Business Development teams
• Work with Global Marketing Center Of Excellence (COEs) to ensure global approach is replicated across marketing in the region
• Ensure marketing campaigns align with company’s strategic objectives, and are informed by research, analytics and metrics
• Develop deep understanding of competitive landscape and partners under purview
• 3-5 years prior experience in marketing, product management/development
• Prior hands on knowledge of merchant marketing and proven practical achievements is an advantage
• Proficient in Chinese language (written and verbal) in order to liaise with business clients
• Extremely detail oriented, highly organized and independently handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to closely partner and influence internal and external stakeholders
• Positive attitude, flexible/adaptable to change
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of cultural differences and how those should be considered in driving decisions and actions.
• High energy, strong will to win. Self-starter and solutions driven
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 11:01:00 AM