American Express Careers
Manager Sales Large Market
The Manager Sales Large Market & WCO - Corporate Clients has a broad understanding of the industry, the market and the competitive environment.
He/She will focus on Large Market deals with a typical value of >$1 Mio. This role primarily focusses on acquisition of new clients.
He/She has an in-depth understanding of our products and services and how to translate this into payment solutions for our corporate customers.
He/She will be a subject matter expert with a strong experience in complex negotiations.
He/She is responsible for:
- Managing the sales process from prospects identification to commercial negotiation and to contractual status.
- Close cooperation with all stakeholders (implementation, operations, pricing, finance, legal,…) to ensure all contractual commitments are properly executed.
- Leading the contractual negotiations, including financials, within a certain approval grid.
- Delivering against transparent target (billing revenue and profitability) as defined in the sales incentive plan.
- Assessing a multitude of information from different perspectives to create a compelling proposal.
- Assessing and monitoring the progress in negotiations.
- Using personal experience to take the best parts of various win-win solutions to deliver the most successful business proposal and highlight the value for the client.
- Remaining objective at all times, keep emotions out of decision making with customers but review facts and be able to work against tight deadlines to deliver the set targets on time.
- Review facts in an objective way and lead the negotiations with a customer to the best of his/her knowledge and in a positive way. Meet the realistic objectives, set by the management, within strict deadlines.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Possess a technical expertise of the functioning of a specific own domain, able to translate objectives for this domain into action plans for this domain and proactively contribute to their realisation.
- Be able to meaningfully compile and structure information from different sources according to the own domain and main focus on generating alternative solutions to come to a valuable and sound conclusion.
- Take the right decision on time, on the basis of available information and initiate actions impacting others, within operational guidelines with the appropriate information to all involved.
- Guide others by giving clear instructions and by tracking and adjusting of their results according to the objectives and available resources.
- Give specific advise to collaborators and customers and build a relation of trust based on own credibility and expertise.
- Be able to work within strict deadlines, stay calm in stressful work situations and set priorities in order to be able to reacting positively to frustrations, obstacles and opposition. Take responsibility for one’s own output.
- Have a strategic vision and innovative mindset including a strong understanding of the Commercial Card business and industry / procurement / finance areas.
- Possess the gravitas and maturity to manage internally and externally at all levels within a client organisation.
- Have the ability to strategically analyse and interpret business results and manage performance.
- Broad understanding of corporate financial transactions, international exchange and working capital optimization (WCO).
- Education and learning time:
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with at least 5-10 years of relevant sales experience. Prior (sales) experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Dutch - Experienced (written & oral);
- French - Experienced (written & oral);
- English - Experienced (written & oral).
- MS Office - Experienced;
- Proprietary IT platforms;
- Job specific IT systems.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2019, 12:22:55 PM