American Express Careers
Manager, Finance - Consumer Products & Services
Consumer Products & Services (CPS) offers a diverse set of products to Cardmembers in the US, ranging from the iconic Charge Cards to consumer travel solutions.
The Portfolio Optimization and Analytics team is responsible for driving strategic financial analysis of CPS product portfolios (Lend, Co-brand and Charge) enabling Finance, CPS Management and Business teams to proactively manage portfolio segments and drive business direction.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform analytics in Charge, Lending and Co-brand portfolios across all channels
- Lead Prospect CMV Harmonization workstream, working with multiple stakeholders including Marketing, Product Teams, ED&A & Risk and come up with innovative new strategies that think holistically across acquisition decisions including investments, targeting, underwriting and line
- Drive Acquisition Efficiency across channels
- Profitability estimate of card members acquired through different offer types to provide insightful value-add analyses
The Manager will be responsible for interpreting and communicating insights from portfolio deep-dives as well as providing business recommendations to senior leadership. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to gain deep knowledge of the Card Issuing business in a high performing team, as well as gain exposure to and insight from leadership. The successful candidate will have a strategic and analytical mindset, is comfortable collaborating with internal customers, can work closely with leaders and has the aptitude to drive change.
- Analytical Thinking: Strong aptitude for analytics. Demonstrated ability to draw value-add insights from large amounts of financial data. Intellectually curious. Knowledge of IDN is an advantage.
- Results Leadership: Highly motivated individual with the ability to manage multiple and complex work streams and work across boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes. Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Change Leadership: Continuously seek improvements and play a lead role in driving change in the organization each and every day
- Strategic Thinking: Solid ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Possess a strong grasp of the competitive landscape and market trends
- Communication: Superior ability to communicate with and influence at all levels of the organization. Ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or similar professional degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2019, 7:06:12 PM