American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Manager/ Sr Manager opportunities in the New York and Phoenix locations within our Credit & Fraud Risk team.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Our direct relationships with millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide -- combined with our leading-edge marketing, analytical, rewards, and servicing capabilities -- enable us to uniquely offer an array of differentiated experiences that enrich lives. American Express was built on service and sustained by innovation – and our vision is to work hard every day to provide the world’s best customer experience.
About Credit and Fraud Risk
Purposeful, ambitious, insatiable, analytical, collaborative and courageous are the hallmarks of our Credit and Fraud Risk team.
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer lifecycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
This team is structured under four core functions:
- Credit Risk Strategy: Monitor credit portfolios and optimize profit-based risk management decisions at all stages of the customer credit lifecycle
- Fraud Risk Strategy: Develop fraud prevention strategies on behalf of our customers
- Decision Science: Build predictive models using AI/Machine Learning for all portfolios and products
- Risk Capabilities: Develop technical solutions and capabilities to manage data and execute credit and fraud risk strategies
You will play a Product Manager role in envisioning and designing the next generation of global consumer and commercial risk capabilities spanning new account onboarding, limit management, customer management, point-of-sale authorizations, hardship programs, and collections. This is a business-partner-facing role that is responsible for process vision and roadmap, customer experience, business architecture, assembling and grooming requirements, prioritization, status tracking and reporting, defining process SLAs, and establishing controls.
You will lead transformation of risk management systems, play a key role in detailing the blueprint, and work with colleagues across Credit and Fraud Risk, as well as external partners to deliver the best possible design/solution.
The key responsibilities for Managers in Capabilities are:
- As a Product Manager, translate the needs of business owners/stakeholders and manage delivery of the Product roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to brainstorm on innovative solutions, refine requirements, quantify benefits, and drive toward a common future vision
- Determine requirement readiness, collaborate on end-to-end solution design, and lead rationalization and prioritization
- Streamline customer-facing processes that support core risk management decisions, and create solutions that are cost-efficient and scalable across the enterprise
- Work in close partnership with American Express Technology to deploy next generation risk management capabilities, designed for long-term adaptability
- Conduct ad hoc analyses in support of capability development
- Collaborate with Operational Risk, Compliance, Legal, Banking, and Privacy to deliver defect-free capabilities with the flexibility to meet evolving customer needs – while satisfying all relevant regulatory requirements
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD, or MBA) in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science
- Advanced degree is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and work experience
- Familiarity with consumer or commercial risk management, encompassing knowledge of processes and systems
- Ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive transformational change
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external partners at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and design industry-leading solutions
- A balance of technical knowledge and business insight
- A track record of driving innovation with a customer-first mindset
- Understanding of Scaled Agile (SAFe) principles and experience effectively managing a backlog of competing initiatives is preferred
- Experience working with Big Data, SAS, R, Python, SQL, and/or Hive preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2019, 1:05:06 PM