American Express Careers
Campus Graduate – 2019 AmEx Ventures Summer Internship
American Express Campus Graduate – 2019 AmEx Ventures Summer Internship
Amex Ventures is looking for a Summer Associate to join the team in New York, NY. The Amex Ventures team plays a key role in developing and executing long-term corporate strategic initiatives which contribute to American Express’ market leadership and growth. The team invests in innovative startups to accelerate American Express’ efforts in three primary categories: Consumer Commerce, B2B Services and Core Capabilities such as data analytics and security.
Team members work with senior management, C-level executives and business leaders across the company to source, execute and manage equity investments both domestically and internationally. The team also initiates and executes non-organic business development and strategic initiatives.
In this exciting opportunity, the Summer Associate will be exposed to focus areas and activities across the breadth of the Amex Ventures mandate over the course of the summer. The role will support the development of investment theses and evaluation of accompanying new investment opportunities. The role may also include strategic involvement with the Amex Ventures portfolio companies, such as evaluating follow-on investment opportunities or managing strategic initiatives between Amex business units and a portfolio company.
- Leading aspects of investment thesis development aligned to strategic focus areas, conducting market and industry analyses
- Supporting deal pipeline activities, such as sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities with a focus on strategic fit with American Express
- Managing aspects of the portfolio management process, such as evaluating follow-on investment opportunities
- Developing and managing strategic initiatives with portfolio companies, with a focus on enhancing portfolio company relationships with Amex
- Preparing and communicating results and recommendations to investment team and senior business partners
- The role is a multi-faceted one and requires investment, strategic, operational, and interpersonal skill sets.
- 3-5 years previous experience in one or a combination of the following: venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, operating role at a leading technology company or venture-backed startup
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations and to provide thought leadership
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to influence and collaborate with others to drive results
- Interest in strategic investments, technology, financial services and the payments industry; intellectual curiosity and self-starter
- Currently a first year student at a top-tier MBA program, with availability between May and August 2019
American Express is known for backing our customers to help them achieve their goals and dreams, both big and small. At American Express, we’re changing the way people live and work through meaningful projects with real-world impact. When you join our team you can make a difference by improving the everyday lives of customers around the world.
Growing great leaders is one of the things that sets American Express apart. Every employee has the opportunity—and is encouraged—to take their personal leadership to the next level through a wide variety of leadership and learning programs.
Our employees and their families feel supported at every stage of their lives. We provide resources and benefits that help support their physical, financial and emotional well-being, such as our award-winning global corporate wellness program, Healthy Living, and many others including: 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, Health (dental and vision) and Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with match. Some of our roles even offer flexible work arrangements so you can work how it makes sense for you, without ever compromising quality.
Creating an inclusive culture is both a part of who we are and what we do together. We value and embrace the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. Through our 15 Colleague Networks, participants can broaden their associations with other employees while expanding their knowledge of the business. American Express is a place where being yourself matters. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Learn more about our opportunities at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 12:28:21 PM