American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
General Counsel’s Organization:
As a member of the Business Legal Group within the General Counsel’s Organization, this flexible, energetic and mature Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to a Chief Counsel and two other attorneys supporting the Global Commercial Services business.
Help propel your team and business colleagues to success
- Proactively managing calendars and scheduling meetings, often with multiple participants, time zones and senior level executives
- Booking meeting rooms and coordinating presentations, catering and audio visual needs
- Managing end-to-end expense reporting process including submissions, review and monthly processing
- Supporting invoice processing and payment
- Coordinating travel arrangements and logistics
- Ordering office supplies and equipment
- Supporting the onboarding of new hires
- Regularly interfacing with American Express legal and business executives, associates and other contacts
- Collaborating with the broader BLG Executive Assistant team and supporting with PTO or sick leave coverage from time to time
- Support various ad-hoc projects as needed
Are you ready for the challenge?
- 2+ years of previous experience as an Executive or Administrative Assistant and familiarity with office management and technologies
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and comfortable adapting to new technology
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with strong initiative, organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality, timeliness and follow through
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively and proactively with the broader Associate team and build relationships across the Company
- Must work well under pressure without losing composure and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience with American Express systems and processes such as Concur, Reserve, TechCare, Ariba, Thomson Reuters etc
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2019, 4:48:55 PM