American Express Careers
Agile Product Owner – Manager/Senior Manager, Expense Management
- Owning and authoring the product roadmap, working with stakeholders across the organization and our customer base to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Prioritizing and maintaining the product backlog, balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Translating a functional product roadmap into well-defined requirements including features, user stories and acceptance test criteria;
- Coordinating communication between technology and business partners, escalating where appropriate, and facilitating resolution of risks, issues, and changes to the product backlog;
- Driving the product’s functional design and UX design process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Interacting with customers to identify needs and gaps, and solve problems;
- Staying abreast of our competitors and their offerings, understanding our advantages, opportunities and threats.
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to insure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful;
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage and own the CX-related metrics, e.g., number of users, traffic volume;
- Creating ROI analyses and optimization recommendations
- Developing appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance post-launch in order to assess future investment options
- Establishing the product’s KPI goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success;
- Continually improving products post-launch, prioritizing bugs and feature requests based on customer satisfaction.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability; and
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Development.
- A BA/BS preferably with a concentration in Business or Information Systems.
What is it about you?
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 6:09:02 PM