American Express Careers
Director, Global Commercial Services Change Management & Strategic Enablement
The Global Commercial Services (GCS) Transformation Office sits within the Commercial Services business and is responsible for transformation ideation & execution, project management and Technology investment decisions & prioritization. The Director, Global Commercial Services Change Management will be responsible for developing and running a newly formed Change Management practice and embedding it into the culture of the GCS business in order to accelerate the business’ strategic priorities and growth. The incumbent will develop and build a change management strategy and practice that supports a culture of continuous transformation & innovation. The change management discipline will integrate into the program management office’s key responsibilities of planning and executing initiatives and will align to existing Operational Excellence governance practices. This role will build and lead a team of Change Managers and Practioners responsible for executing key change delivery priorities, and developing and rolling out Change Management tools and training for the GCS business.
- Develop and deploy an agile change management strategy for the GCS business that supports colleague understanding and minimizes risk.
- Leading all aspects of the GCS change management office including: managing change on delivery of large scale initiatives, advising on moderate and smaller-scale changes and deploying tools, training and resources to empower the GCS business to manage change projects flawlessly.
- Drive large-scale change management initiatives by conducting impact analysis, developing and executing communication and training programs focused on changing colleague behavior to increase enterprise-wide collaboration and enhance productivity, efficiencies and reduce risks.
- Recruit and build a team of change practioners to manage large and moderate scale change initiatives within GCS. You get to build your own team!
- Recruit and manage a change agent community across GCS business to share best practices, raise risks and give visibility to all stakeholders on shared goals and project deliverables.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders across the American Express including, Marketing, Technologies, Operations Excellence, Finance, Operations
- Change practioner with experience leading or starting up a change management practice for a large multi-national company.
- Strong consultation, communication, facilitation and presentations skills; Ability to understand complex challenges & linkages and articulate into plans to drive results
- Experience managing large scale global projects with multiple business partner relationships and stakeholders at various levels including change management disciplines
- Proven track record of successfully operating in a highly matrix environment and being able to lead and influence without direct authority
- Creative thinking & ability to operate in “white space” including the ability to drive unconventional solutions to long-standing business problems, and ability to act as a catalyst for change
- Strong ability to develop a comprehensive strategy that balances creativity, technical, and operational feasibility
- Proven Strong People Leadership Skills.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- 5+ years of combined experience in Change Management, Consulting, and/or Program Management
- MBA preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2019, 10:53:05 AM