American Express Careers
Information Security Specialist - IAM Directory Services
The Directory Services Architecture and Engineering team has a global responsibility for providing strategic support for all Directory Services leveraged throughout the American Express enterprise. Our operational team supports directory operations for more than 100,000 users. The Information Security Specialist / IAM Distributed Directory Services reports to the Director of Information Security / IAM Distributed Directory Services and will participate in architectural and strategic oversight of the American Express Directory Services environment and associated management infrastructure.
We are looking for a highly skilled subject matter expert for all aspects of our AXP Directory environment. You will be responsible for the strategic guidance of our operations team and innovation in all areas of IAM as it relates to AXP Directory. This role requires someone with the ability to articulate highly technical ideas in laymen's terms. A detail oriented individual with excellent communications skills and experience in solution architecture is a must.
- Provide senior level leadership (document and present strategy, develop, plan, execute) the strategic goals of Identity and Access Management and Information Security from a Directory Services perspective.
- Act as technical SME in the areas security and daily operation of Active Directory, LDAP, ADLDS, Meta-directories (FIM / MIM), as well as federation services (ADFS) both internally and externally.
- Provide technical expertise to maintain environments and troubleshoot issues.
- Act as a manager between the Business Partner and vendor technical contacts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to key stakeholders including internal/external audit teams.
- Promote and work with team members to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Manage cross-functional teams, providing direction and leadership oversight in a matrix organization.
Our Information Security Specialists know that security is a top priority for our business and our partners and customers. Today, as cyber-attacks increase and compliance is more rigorously enforced, we look to them to stay ahead of what’s next and to protect our business and our future. So if you are dedicated to the latest technology and motivating others, secure your career here.
New threats to our business, our partners and customers appear on the horizon every day, so no two days are the same. But there are some things you can count on doing:
- Providing guidance on information security processes, controls, and compliance, and information security risk management to team members
- Encouraging employee contribution, such as feedback, career development planning, and goal setting.
- Developing plans and strategies for information security tools, processes, and programs
- Responding to changes in the regulatory environment and assisting other organizations in doing the same.
- Making strategic recommendations to enhance information security, including processes, procedures, governance approaches, and compliance.
- Experience with operations and implementation of Enterprise Active Directory Domain within a complex multi-forest environment
- Experience in the following disciplines:
- Active Directory
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory and AAD Connect
- Okta IDaaS
- Internal and External Federation
- Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (now Microsoft Identity Manager)
- Leadership competencies including: Building and Leveraging Relationships; Effective Communication; Develop Winning Strategies; Drive Innovation and Change; Drive Results; Focus on the Customer and Client; and, Demonstrate Personal Excellence.
- Information Security experience, certification, or a high level of demonstrated Information Security Awareness.
- Preferred experience with network and server fundamentals including DNS
- Preferred experience with Microsoft SQL Server administration and maintenance (part of AD management platform architecture)
- Possess ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users and solution for those issues long-term
- Ability to clearly communicate to key stakeholders including internal/external audit teams
- Preferred experience working with vendor teams to provide support and systems integration
- Preferred experience with Forefront Identity Manager or Meta Directory services, Oracle Directory Services and/or Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
- Preferred experience with operational tools such as MS SCOM and StealthBits suite of tools.
- Experience in highly regulated environments preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or has equivalent work experience
- Microsoft certifications including Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) is a plus
- Formal training in ARS and GPOADmin is a plus
- Security Certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM is a plus
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Risk Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Business Case Development
- Industry and Company Knowledge
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 1:10:02 PM