American Express Careers
Senior Financial Data Analyst – Global Corporate Payments
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Corporate Payments (GCP) provides a range of card programs and expense management tools to help mid-size companies and large corporations around the world manage almost all the facets of their business spending.
LFO Finance is responsible for providing financial management, planning & results analysis, and decision support to the Senior Vice President and key business partners of the GCS, International, and GCG Business Segments.
GCS, International, and GCG Business Segments makes up most of the GCP portfolio and represent a substantial piece of the company, across a truly global network, and is one of the key pillars of the American Express Business.
Required: Analyst to work within a Global LFO team whose responsibilities include:
- LFO support to GCS, International, and GCG Business within GCP
- Work on ad hoc data analytics projects to help drive insights for the business
- Interpret data in order to drive investment decisions
The Data Analyst role will have the opportunity to work with numerous business partners, spanning many countries, and covering a number of disciplines. Areas covered may include but will not be limited to:
- Provide business partners insights on financial performance
- Work closely with LFO teams & Other Business Functions to successfully execute business or finance initiatives, support Business Unit Review and presentations for senior management.
- Build dashboards in order to create transparency around different initiatives
- Coordination of projects and business initiatives across corporate lines of business and regions.
- Develop analytics and business insights to validate and drive business performance
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of programming languages (SQL, SAS, Python)
- Strong business acumen, able to follow business and industry trends and relate to financial results
- Robust modelling and analytics experience
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and data mining applications (e.g. Essbase, Tm1, SQL)
The successful candidate will show many of the following qualities:
- Will be intellectually curious
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to simplify complexity
- Strong sense of personal accountability and resilience with a passion for continuous improvement
- Possess an upbeat, enthusiastic and consistent personality
- Have an ability to drive results, manage time and prioritise effectively
- Adopt a flexible attitude, being able to digest multiple requests
- Be a crisp and influential communicator
- Have a track record of working collaboratively and motivating those around them
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 6:31:36 AM