American Express Careers
Manager/Sr. Mgr. Decision Sciences
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Purpose of the Role:
The Decision Sciences Consultant role is responsible for completing analysis, developing strategies and building models to leverage Accertify data capabilities and/or models for clients. This role is also responsible for speaking with current Clients and prospects about Accertify’s Decision Sciences capabilities and services.
- Conduct analysis to build and implement Machine Learning models for new or existing services
- Research and development of Accertify analytically related services and community products
- Completing analysis to help improve Accertify business
- Speak with Prospects and current clients about Accertify Decision Sciences capabilities and services
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Critical Factors to Success:
- Experience building and implementing ML models and leveraging other statistical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive results as self-starter and manage multiple projects concurrently in an environment of changing tight deadlines
- Clear communication, careful attention to detail and high quality execution
- Exceptional ability to think strategically and analytically
- Proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate value adding data driven recommendations
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting relationships.
- Strong written/oral communications skills are required.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Graduate degree in quantitative decision science field (e.g., Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering)
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Excellent SAS, Python, SQL skills, or similar statistical software
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint or similar packages
- Experience working with AWS data capabilities a plus
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviours
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2019, 12:56:51 PM