American Express Careers
Executive / Administrative Assistant I
The Executive Administrative Assistant (EA) will provide administrative support to a Vice President of Large Market within Global Commercial Services team as well as support Ad Hoc Regional projects and initiatives within the Large Market West team. The Large Market West team spans multiple states across the US.
This position will be an integral part of the Large Market GCS team, operating in a dynamic environment that requires seamless collaboration, technical expertise and coordination across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate should be experienced in handling a wide range of high-quality administrative tasks and be able to work independently and confidently under pressure. Candidate must exercise considerable discretion and good judgment, as well as ability to interface and work with business leaders and peers. The EA must be proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of the VP. The desired work location for this position will be based in the Tower in New York.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage calendar activity for VP’s meetings across multiple time zones and schedule accordingly
- Manage all travel arrangements and itineraries
- Organize and manage all logistics for department meetings and events (Weekly LT meetings, All Calls, WebEx, offsite and department events)
- Support the Large Market West region with client events and ad hoc projects as required by the Leadership Team.
- Prepare and process expense reports in accordance with company and organization requirements using the Concur Expense System
- Monitor VP’s team expenses for budget compliance
- Procure office supplies as required
- Other administrative duties as required
- A team player who is dependable, self-motivated and exhibits enthusiasm
- Highly organized with an attention to detail. The ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure as needed to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- High level of proficiency using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as internal AXP (or related) tools and systems – WebEx Meeting, Skype,Ariba, Concur, SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, strong interpersonal and collaborating skills
- Ability to think ‘end-to-end’ through assigned projects and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an environment of frequently shifting priorities
- Ability to operate with a high level of integrity and maintain complete confidentiality
- Minimum 3-5 years of executive administrative support experience within a large organization
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2019, 3:23:07 PM