American Express Careers
Senior QA Engineer
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
- Being a key player in the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design, development and deployment of software and IT processes for the team.
- Developing portfolio level strategies for automation and testing processes, tools and methodologies as well as crafting solutions for automation and testing, working to existing standards or driving new ones
- Reviewing user stories and requirements for completeness and providing recommendations
- Planning and prioritising testing activities in support of multi-team milestones, and looking at ways of avoiding or minimising cross-team testing dependencies and other friction
- Hands-on day to day development and execution of test plans, and also managing the resourcing and scheduling of testing across the scrum teams
- Devising strategies for managing test data and repeatability of tests
- Working closely with development team to drive forward quality at every stage of the pipeline
- Monitoring and analysis of QA metrics to identify opportunities and issues.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding and experience of a DevOps approach to software development with good working knowledge of build and test automation tools and approaches
- Some experience of a leadership role with responsibility for strategic direction, and accountability for its implementation
- Hands-on coding skills (ideally with knowledge of Java or other JVM languages, and Spring)
- Strong understanding of functional, system integration, performance and security testing
- Experience and knowledge of microservices architecture together with patterns of application integration
- University Degree, ideally in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, and QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB or ISTQB certification would be desirable
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2019, 5:08:24 AM