American Express Careers
Product Marketing Director
American Express Netherlands has the following job opportunity:
Product Marketing Director – Consumer Netherlands
Since our earliest days, we’ve strived to find new ways to enrich our customers’ lives, have their backs and provide our special brand of service, in ways both big and small. As our business transformed – from freight forwarding to travel to cards to innovative digital products and services – one thing has remained constant: our unwavering commitment to earn our customers’ loyalty for the long haul. Our vision is to provide the world’s best customer experience every day and become essential to our customers by providing differentiated products and services to help them achieve their aspirations.
Reporting to the Country Manager in the Netherlands, you will lead a team of marketing professionals, responsible for defining and delivering the product and marketing strategy for our Consumer Card portfolio (B2C), as well as the management and execution of marketing campaigns, events and projects with the objective to drive business growth, increase share of wallet as well as Card member engagement. You will be responsible for the relationship with our co-brand partner Air France - KLM (Flying Blue) and will work closely with local and international teams.
- Maintain, develop and implement a strong consumer product and marketing strategy to drive billings & revenue growth, increased share of wallet, reduced attrition and improve the NPS
- Delivering a seamless end-to-end customer experience
- Lead the development of card member marketing communications calendar including product refreshes, events, newsletters, (online) spend stimulation and cross-sell initiatives
- Lead, build and leverage a strong partnership with KLM and Flying Blue to deliver continuous growth in the cobrand portfolio and meet contractual commitments
- Build strong partnerships with key internal stakeholders (eg. Central and Regional Marketing, Operational Excellence, Analytical and Product teams) to ensure card member marketing initiatives, supporting capabilities and infrastructure are prioritized to deliver great customer and commercial outcomes while ensuring being
- Provide strong thought leadership on new and emerging card member value propositions, products and engagement capabilities in the market place
- Build, lead and develop a high performing, highly engaged marketing team of marketers with skills and expertise across engagement, customer experience, digital, and premium marketing
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills in Dutch and English
- A Bachelor degree qualification in relation to the role
- Proven customer-driven strategic approach and getting things done mentality
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking abilities
- Growth mindset
- Proven people leadership experience and ability to lead, motivate, engage and develop a high performing team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills (collaboration and influencing), allowing for the management of strong relationships in a complex matrix organisation with senior stakeholders, multiple objectives across internal teams and external partners
- Strong knowledge of consumer business and (premium) marketing
- Experience and knowledge of offer governance principles and close collaboration with Legal, Compliance and Risk
- Demonstrate agile decision making that balances speed and quality
- Creative thinking that can combine best practices with new ideas to create compelling experiences for customers that will grow their engagement with our brand
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2019, 8:54:28 AM