American Express Careers
The Chief of Staff and Director, Strategy & Planning will report directly to the SVP & Chief Technology Architect, Enterprise Architecture and will oversee the strategy and management of the SVP office and EA team. The incumbent will be responsible for a broad range of activities, including strategic, operational, analytic, and communications initiatives to help ensure the objectives of the organization are met. He/She will be a key member of the Enterprise Architecture leadership team and will work closely across the team and key internal and external business partners. He/She will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, prioritization, project management, communication, and organizational skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Maintain a clear understanding of all work across Enterprise Architecture and prioritize SVP and leadership team attention and action on these initiatives
· Drive key projects and priorities for SVP office and across the entire team – provide strategic and tactical support, which includes developing roadmaps, defining and tracking metrics, overseeing change management, and crafting documentation and communications
· Draft impactful and comprehensive communications, documents, presentations, and talking points for key business reviews and discussions
· Identify and anticipate complex and/or broad problems and issues and formulate recommendations
· Act as a central point of contact for all business and team issues and address information requests; coordinate and prioritize for the SVP office
· Oversee business planning and operational processes for entire team (leadership and team meetings, budget management, talent and performance management)
· Lead employee HR processes, which includes recruiting, employee engagement, organizational management, talent assessments, and liaising with central and market HR
· 5+ years working in a modern technology environment
· Self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and prioritization with limited guidance for the SVP office and entire Enterprise Architecture team
· Independent, strategic, and diplomatic problem-solver
· Proven ability to navigate effectively and efficiently within a large, matrixed company – quick-study on businesses, processes, and operations
· Must be highly organized and self-motivated
· Demonstrated project management, organization, and planning skills applied in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong personal presence
· Outstanding collaboration skills and strong ability to build and leverage relationships
· Active listening skills, summarization skills, and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities
· Broad knowledge of all elements of software delivery including build, test,
deployment, and operations
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, CS preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2019, 1:27:47 PM