American Express Careers
The Manager Assistant will report directly to the VP Fellow, Enterprise Architecture, and will be responsible for the strategy and management of the VP office. The incumbent will be responsible for a broad range of activities, including strategic, analytic, and communications initiatives to help ensure the objectives of the organization are met. He/She will be a key member of the Enterprise Architecture leadership team and will work closely across the team and with key business partners. He/She will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, prioritization, project management, communication, and organizational skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain a clear understanding of all work happening across the Enterprise Architecture team and prioritize VP attention on these initiatives
- Act as a central point of contact for urgent business issues and initiatives managed by the VP and address information requests; coordinate and prioritize for the VP office
- Aid with business-tech partnerships and communication to ensure clear priorities and shared goals
- Draft impactful and comprehensive communications, presentations, and talking points for key business reviews, executive presentations, and discussions
- Manage business planning and operational processes driven through the VP office (leadership team meetings, cost center management, PMP, etc)
- Lead employee engagement and organizational management, including team building activities, talent assessments, liaising with central and market HR
Self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and prioritization with limited guidance
Proven ability to navigate effectively and efficiently within American Express, with a strong understanding of Amex businesses, processes, and operations
Must be highly organized and self-motivated
Demonstrated project management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong personal presence
Active listening skills, summarization skills, and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities
Prior technology experience/knowledge a plus
Master’s Degree preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2019, 10:59:31 AM