American Express Careers
Dutch, Remote Account Manager
GCS is a truly global service provider offering corporate payment and expense management solutions throughout the world to some of the largest and most demanding corporate clients. The team has specialist expertise in account management, client development, implementation, MI and management consultancy. Expense management is our core business. GCS invests heavily in its business and uses its expertise and innovation to maintain competitive leadership.
This is an office based GCG Manager, Account Development role based in Brighton or London, focused on driving retention and growth within a defined portfolio of existing GCG customers. This is achieved through the development of a close relationship with the customer base and focused challenger/consultative selling, ensuring new opportunity identification and subsequent maximum account penetration.
Principal Accountabilities: Working within the Global Client Group, the objective of this role is to retain and grow the existing portfolio. This will be done through supporting the clients’ global and local objectives by utilising the full suite of products and services.
Retaining and expanding the existing relationship across a defined set of GCG Accounts to achieve annual scorecard goals.
- Focus is on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Growth and retention
- Demonstration of strong “customer listening” and “challenger/consultative selling” skills to assist positioning and delivering the GCG value proposition
In addition, the successful candidate will need to be able to position the full range of products, drive T&E and Non-T&E CV growth and services, demonstrating clear and differentiated client value thereby ensuring that the relationship is entrenched.
The successful candidate will interface with various levels and divisions of American Express and the client. Emphasis will be placed on ability to work across multiple levels within the client’s organization in order to build and maintain business.
Ideally the role requires previous account management or sales experience and the ability to work with colleagues, internal departments and business units globally. This position does not have direct reports.
- Achieving the charge volume growth and retention targets that contribute to the GCG organisation
- Overcoming customer objections and responding to customer raised issues
- Management of account profitability
- Develop strong effective relationships with key business partners in a virtual environment
- Independent self-management while maintaining strong productivity
Critical Competencies: Drive results, customer focus, strong relationship management skills, ability to develop winning strategies, strong planning and organizational skills, self-starter, motivator of others and a strong team player.
Contacts: This position will require interaction with existing customers at all levels including Finance/Procurement Director and General Managers, by telephone.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Specialised knowledge/experience of GCS business is preferred. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Fluent in Dutch
- Relationship management experience, with a strong track record in retaining and growing business with clients
- Highly organised
- Proven challenger/consultative selling skills
- Highly customer-focused and results-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Strong “Will to Win”
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Effective pipeline management
- Strong time and productivity management
- Highly self-motivated
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2019, 8:00:19 AM