American Express Careers
Senior Quality Engineer
- Develop Test Automation Frameworks, Plans and Execution Artifacts with internal and external partners
- Build and leverage a deep understanding of the products and Architectures across multiple teams
- Partner with Senior Engineers and architects and analyze where Test Automation can be implemented and improved
- Enhance existing Regression packs and create new Frameworks to ensure that Unit, Component and Integration tests with CD/CID are integrated
- Work with Senior Engineers, Product Owners and Senior QA engineers to deliver target code quality
- Design quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement
- Provide guidance to engineering teams including driving improvements in automation and testing in a Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CD/CI) environment
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Investigate New Open Source Technologies that could improve current frameworks and implement where appropriate
- Focus on optimization and virtualization including developing strategy for automation and testing processes, tools and methodologies at the portfolio or for large/complex products
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid Understanding of test-driven development, unit, component, functional, system integration, regression, GUI, web service, and browser compatibility testing
- Experienced knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Core knowledge of one or more of the following tools is required: Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Jersey, Karate, Rest Assured, Docker and J-Meter.
- Ability to work with a number of Quality scanning tools, be able to baseline and measure on-going quality metrics, and display via Dashboards and to interpret the data to drive the changes needed
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment(CD) and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, ARA, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT or SVN and service virtualization
- Leadership qualities, professional presence, extremely strong communication skills and ability to influence without direct authority
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 30, 2019, 2:41:42 PM