American Express Careers
Director, AMEX Mobile
Enterprise Digital & Analytics is the digital unit within American Express responsible for driving results and innovation globally. Our mission is to unleash American Express’ full potential by leading and enabling growth through world-class products and experiences.
The Amex Mobile Team is responsible for the end-to-end Amex App experience globally – partnering with various platform teams across the organisation to integrate & scale features and functionality to our rapidly growing app user-base. The team consists of Product, Design and Marketing and together leads the definition & execution of the experience and technical integration with core capabilities and overall app strategy. Our goal is to make the mobile app the Membership hub, bringing constituent features across the organization to life through best in class design and product development thought leadership.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we establish a new presence in Singapore to begin deepening our regional presence and accelerate our progress by bringing local insights onto our global product platform. The role the app plays in our Card member’s lives is growing and the successful candidate will be at the forefront of our regional experience definition & strategy as well as technical partnerships in this vital space.
The Director will be our first team member in Singapore and will assume Product responsibility for key features and functionalities defined and built in the region in partnership with our local technology team.
a) Partner with Strategic Delivery function on definition of the roadmap & resource management
b) Partner closely with Technologies partners to continue acceleration of mobile feature delivery
c) Develop deep partnerships both within the organization and beyond – particularly with other technical product organizations & service providers
d) Innovative mindset – understanding technical nuances of the channel and core platforms
e) Drive ‘Product Ownership’ mindset across the team, owning not only technical delivery but also on-going support and product iteration.
Beyond day-to-day responsibilities, the successful candidate will also be responsible for:
• Creating & leading a technical and high-performing team, co-located with American Express Technology (AET) engineers in Singapore
• Attract top talent to join our growing organization in the region
• Define and execute a regional strategy for capabilities central to the wider mobile experience
• Influencing leadership and cross-functional groups on mobile and technical integration of features
• Translate organisational priorities into ‘executionable’ features
• Partner with AET leadership to further embed our customer-centered experience through enhanced capabilities
• Experience in mobile app development.
• Proven track record of delivering digital capabilities or products that have grown to a large active user base.
• Highly collaborative & influential leader
• Experience leading a high-performing product team
• Proven success in driving digital product strategy and digital product design.
• Excellent communication skills and experience working effectively with peers.
• High performer with proven experience delivering technically complex projects.
• Strong thought leadership in the digital (particularly mobile device) space.
• Ability to interpret consumer insights and trends into actual features and functionality.
• A passion for all things digital, inside and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in technical field.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2019, 12:51:01 AM