American Express Careers
VP - Capital Enterprise Management
- Lead the day-to-day management of stress testing processes, including the review and challenge process between senior management, AXP Board and all capital stress testing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as well as internal oversight and regulatory reviews of these processes;
- Enhance, align and create standards across all capital stress testing areas, including further integrating international subsidiary banking entities and BHC processes;
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple disciplines (Treasury, Corporate Planning, Risk, etc.) to define and develop idiosyncratic events to be modeled for stress test programs;
- Lead the public disclosure process for stress-testing programs, including developing disclosure materials and partnering with Investor Relations on CCAR communications;
- Own and execute a rigorous data management and governance program;
- Gather industry intelligence on stress testing best practices, develop insightful recommendations and drive its implementation;
- Manage cross functional project teams to deliver high quality results.
- Support AXP Asset Liability Management Committee, including meeting agenda, content and presentation, and minute taking.
- 10+ years relevant experience in capital management, stress testing and regulatory environments
- Strong collaboration, influencing and executive level communication skills;
- A proven leader with strong track record of leading and coaching a highly motivated team
- Proactive, highly organized with an ability to manage multiple demands, driving results within critical deadlines;
- Must be comfortable operating with some degree of ambiguity and defining approaches to handle “white space” inherent in an evolving regulatory environment;
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 12:00:51 PM