American Express Careers
Performance Test Engineer
We’re looking for a Performance Test Engineer responsible for web application Performance Testing and Capacity Planning. Candidate is expected to build a solution to automate Performance Testing & Chaos Testing for the next generation platform.
Manage Your Card Account SRE is a continuous engineering discipline that effectively combines software development and systems engineering to build and run scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This role will ensure that American Express internal and external services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs. We also ensure a continuous improvement, while keeping an ever-watchful eye, automated, on capacity and performance.
This role will drive the DevOps mindset which strives to use software engineering to build and run reliable production systems. This is an opportunity to work in one of the best Technology units to help improve customer experience for American Express digital assets and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
- 6 - 8 years of experience in development/support of Java, Rest APIs, API Integration, React JS
- Hands on experience in Performance testing using JMeter or any other similar tools
- Experience on Chaos Testing - planning and execution
- Provide consultation and strategic recommendations by quickly assessing complex production issues with respect to performance and capacity
- Good understanding of cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Openshift
- Good understanding of Unix (AIX/Linux) OS commands
- Exposure to enterprise platform migration from dedicated to cloud environment – Applications performance tuning
- Hands on experience in Profiling Java & Node Applications
- Hands on experience in Java & NodeJS Performance tuning
- Knowledge on infra metrics (CPU, Memory, Heap, GC, IO etc.) & Capacity planning
- Design and implement Performance Automation solutions
- Application page performance analysis and drive recommendations
- Good analytical knowledge and exposure on root cause identification using analyzer tools like IBM support assistant, Splunk etc.
- Hands on experience on enterprise tools set such as Grafana, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, BMC, etc.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2019, 4:29:32 PM