American Express Careers
Executive Administrative Assistant
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide administrative support to a Vice President of Commercial Data Engineering within Global Commercial Services Technology team as well as support Ad Hoc initiatives within the Commercial Data Engineering team. The Commercial Data Engineering team spans across the US (NYC, PHX) and India.
This position will be an integral part of the CDE team, operating in a dynamic environment that requires seamless collaboration, technical expertise and coordination across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate should be experienced in handling a wide range of high-quality administrative tasks and be able to work independently and confidently under pressure. Candidate must exercise considerable discretion and good judgment, as well as ability to interface and work with business leaders and peers. The EA must be proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of the VP and her direct reports. The desired work location for this position will be based at 3WFC, New York.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage calendar activity for VP’s meetings across multiple time zones and schedule accordingly
- Manage all travel arrangements and itineraries
- Organize and manage all logistics for department meetings and events (LT meetings, PIs, All Calls, WebEx, offsite and department events)
- Support the CDE team with client events and ad hoc projects as required by the Leadership Team.
- Prepare and process expense reports in accordance with company and organization requirements using the Concur Expense System
- Monitor VP’s team expenses for budget compliance
- Procure office supplies as required
- Other administrative duties as required.
- A real team player who is dependable, self-motivated and exhibits enthusiasm
- Highly organized with an attention to detail. The ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure as needed to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- High level of proficiency using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as internal AXP (or related) tools and systems – WebEx Meeting, Skype, Ariba, Concur, Confluence etc
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, strong interpersonal and collaborating skills
- Ability to think ‘end-to-end’ through assigned projects and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an environment of frequently shifting priorities
- Ability to operate with a high level of integrity and maintain complete confidentiality
- Minimum 3-5 years of executive administrative support experience within a large organization.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 2:45:15 PM