American Express Careers
UK Market HR Manager
Anyone can have an innovative idea. Here they get heard.
People power companies. Top talent powers ours.
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions that you can make. Our UK HR Managers operate under the simple premise that people are our most valuable resource. As part of the UK Market HR team, you will be responsible for helping to shape the career journey of over 5,000 UK-based colleagues through focusing on Talent, Development, Change and Engagement.
You will deliver on the promise of our colleague value proposition and experience for all UK colleagues by:
- Leading and managing the delivery of key HR projects and initiatives for the Market
- Leading local talent planning for the market to drive career management and colleague development
- Driving change initiatives to provide meaningful solutions aligned to the evolving needs of the Business and the growth of our colleagues
- Interpreting and presenting HR data to offer strategic insight, and measure the results of team-led initiatives
- Collaborating with our Centres of Excellence and HR Business Partners to deliver best practice HR programmes
- Partnering with Business Leaders to create an inclusive culture in which colleagues can thrive
- Leading with an external perspective
Aligned to the design and delivery of the UK Market Colleague Plan, core responsibilities may include:
- Talent Management:
- In partnership with COEs, ensure talent excellence in the UK, through the continuation of the multi-year UK Talent Strategy to attract, develop, engage, reward & retain talent
- Leading talent planning and execution in the market; resulting in effective succession planning, improved bench marking opportunities, and the retention of high potential colleagues
- Using analysis to identify areas of opportunity and increase the quality of diverse talent and support the employee scorecard
- Defining critical roles and identifying top talent to place
- Facilitating career development, advancement and succession planning, particularly for our most talented colleagues
- Understanding emerging business trends and developing strategies to capitalise on these
- Support strategic career management and planning across the colleague base by looking at specific segments of talent
- Talent Development:
- Leading our local development offerings, owning the strategy and execution of our multi year Development program
- Partner with the L&D COE to ensure appropriate development programs are deployed for the colleague base, targeted as appropriate, and outcomes measured to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Change Leadership
- Serving as the expert in how change is led and sustained
- Proactively identifying and driving local change opportunities to drive sustained business results
- Be actively engaged in supporting significant change efforts
- Role modelling an enterprise mindset
- Continue to build & promote an inclusive workplace to enable all colleagues to thrive at work via our multi year Inclusion and Diversity agenda
- Ensure market compliance with HR policies and local workforce regulations; including the promotion of a positive working environment through training focused on workplace behaviours and harassment prevention
- Maintain a focus on colleague advocacy in all matters
The successful incumbent will also support the execution of the local Market Communication Strategy. Responsibilities will include:
- Strategic development, implementation and monitoring of a simple, clear but impactful communication strategy
- Investigating social media usage for HR in the market
- Developing, connecting and communicating HR programs to reinforce our colleague value proposition
- Linking and labelling HR activities to the Company’s strategic priorities and direction
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Demonstrable experience in an HR Generalist, Consulting, Specialist or Talent focused role; with a broad knowledge of HR practices
- Experience within a large corporate, fast paced environment
- Ability to build effective relationships and provide consultancy and advice to senior business stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills with the proven ability to lead and flawlessly deliver large scale strategic projects and initiatives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated familiarity with communications planning and execution. Formal HR marketing experience would be beneficial
- Customer orientation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively
- CIPD qualification advantageous
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2019, 4:28:24 AM