American Express Careers
Merchant Fraud Analyst – French Speaking
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
As part of Global Fraud Protection Services, our Account Protection Specialists take pride in protecting Customers and American Express from fraudulent activities and credit risk. The Merchant Review Team is responsible to ensure we make business with the right merchants and that they are transacting genuine funds through American Express across all European Markets as well as Multicurrency.
Your role will be to review Merchant submissions against key criteria and using your analytical skills and curiosity to ensure the merchant is a legitimate business and to resolve cases either through paying the merchant, or in some cases withholding funds where the merchant has not complied with the Card Acceptance Agreement.
You will speak to merchants on a daily basis and have the ability to deliver world class service while protecting both our company and our merchants from fraudulent activity or suspicious individuals to make the customer experience seamless and to minimise loss for American Express.
Other than our external customers, you will work closely with internal teams including Global Security, Anti Money Laundering, Risk Management, Merchant Debit Balance, Merchant CEN, Merchant Financial, Client Managers and Card Fraud Disputes. With the importance of collaboration and to work effectively with our partners across the business, you will gain broad and valuable knowledge within the merchant space and the E2E lifecycle of merchant submissions.
As part of our daily work and ad-hoc reviews, we see fraudulent and suspicious activity, which you will be responsible for reviewing and you will have the opportunity to investigate, collaborate and protect American Express through quick decision making to protect the merchants or Card Member’s account from further exposure.
- Investigate and resolve suspended submissions in a timely and efficient manner without sacrificing quality or overseeing important details
- Work closely with our multiple colleagues across business lines, maintaining, nurturing and growing these relationships
- Provide extraordinary Relationship Care to large and small merchants delivering outstanding customer service in every interaction
- Work as part of a team and collaborate to ensure our team continues to deliver on goals and targets
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Fluent in French verbally and in writing is a must
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbal in English. Additional European language would be an advantage.
- Growth Mindset with a natural interest to find solutions and drive efficiencies
- Results driven and customer focused
- Experience in working and thriving in a fast paced environment
- Team player and strong collaborator
- Experience in working in a risk based environment is an advantage
- Proven ability assess risk with limited information available
- Knowledge of Amex systems would be an advantage: MCC, Genesis, CSP, Clic
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2019, 11:17:25 AM