American Express Careers
Engineer Full Stack Java
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Engineers who join our Loyalty Technology team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing a new, nimble and modern loyalty platform which will support the key element of connecting with our customers where they are and how they choose to interact with American Express.
- Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand.
- The position will also play a meaningful role partnering with other development teams, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle.
- The successful candidate will be focused on building and executing against a strategy and roadmap focused on moving from monolithic, tightly coupled, batch based legacy platforms to a loosely coupled, event-driven, microservices-based architecture to meet our long term business goals.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field followed by 2-4 years of dynamically responsible experience with object oriented development (JAVA & GoLang Preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in object oriented application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience with open source frameworks, such as DropWizard, SpringBoot, Camel, Guice, AngularJS, Bootstrap, and Node.js.
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, MongoDB, and Apache Cassandra a plus.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins) a plus.
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks a plus.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Experience with container technology, such as Docker, a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.), a plus.
- Experience with Git a plus
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Knowledge of payments industry
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of distributed technologies
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies
- Exposure to integrations with Business Rules Management Systems is desired (Drools, Blaze)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 30, 2019, 2:46:38 PM