American Express Careers
Small & Medium Enterprises External Sales Agents Area Manager - Northern Italy
Within our Commercial Organization, we are looking for a Team Leader, responsible to lead our External Sales Agents, with the objective to grow our customer base in the Northen Italian area.
- This position will be responsible for driving business growth by acquiring new Commercial Clients and expanding business in the North of Italy.
- He/She will be responsible for targeting, managing and addressing opportunities to expand and grow T&E and non-T&E charge volume.
- Liaise with other acquisition channels, in particular external agencies, in the specific regional areas of responsibility, to guarantee governance in the defined acquisition clusters.
- To be successful in the position, the candidate must be able to work efficiently across different lines of business, research and develop an in-depth understanding of the different industries, effectively filter and qualify prospects, and support the External Sales Agents to build a strong pipeline to ensure targets are exceeded.
- The role is accountable for the whole end to end sales and implementation process of the team: from lead generation to Clients’ onboarding.
- Achieve a best-in-class commercial external sales agents’ team by motivating and increase efficiency of the latter.
Are you ready for the challenge?
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- 5 + years’ experience in a face to face sales’ environment;
- Previous experience in a team leader position preferred;
- Sales pipeline management experience;
- Cold calling campaign management experience;
- Strategic and consultative selling skills with strong negotiation abilities;
- Previous experience in the areas of payment services preferred;
- Able to train the team side by side and remotely;
- Emotional resilience;
- Able to work independently and under time pressure;
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to establish strong relationships internally with supporting Business Units (Marketing, Credit, Risk, New Accounts, Compliance)
- Ability to establish strong relationships with external potential partners (existing suppliers) to valuate lead gen and expansion opportunities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills supported by highly efficient organizational and planning abilities;
- Naturally curious and willing to take time to learn potential clients’ economic environment to plan the best acquisition strategy;
- Proven knowledge of PC software (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Able to travel and work extended hours;
- University degree in economics or finance preferred.
- Excellent Italian and very good English level.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies ranking 1st in 2018 and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We welcome applications from candidates with Protected Category status. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2019, 1:36:44 PM