American Express Careers
Engineer II - PaaS
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP)
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides a large scale comprehensive platform enables hundreds of business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
As a Senior Developer of the Cloud Engineering team you will:
- Work on a highly scalable, extensible, available and resilient multi-tenant Hybrid Cloud Platform that can host large scale tier-0 applications of American Express.
- Develop large scale multi-tenant software components in the Platform in an Agile based methodology by using Cloud platform and infrastructure APIs, DevOps and CICD tools.
- Use cloud-native technologies, container and container management technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Design, implement and deliver a comprehensive Hybrid Cloud Platform.
- Have a focus on delivery following an Agile process.
- Be passionate about quality metrics in product implementation.
- Stay current on trends in fast moving Cloud technologies, Containerization and evolution of Micro-services.
- Be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Own complete product development lifecycle including deployment, documentation and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience using opensource PaaS or Application frameworks.
- Proficiency in writing high quality code with expertise in Java or Go.
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with logging tools such as Splunk, etc. and application and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Prometheus, etc.
- Proficiency in modelling REST services and API definitions following best practices of service abstractions.
- Hands-on knowledge of emerging Micro-services and Orchestration frameworks.
- Experience building generic services and instrumentation of libraries for wide use across an organization / company.
- Hands-on experience with Docker containers, CICD tools such as Jenkins, and DevOps tools.
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and delivery.
- Experience in Container management technologies such as Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience in CD tools such as Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience in Infrastructure as a Code technologies such as Terraform, etc.
- Experience in Compute, Network (software defined networking), and Storage related technologies.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Contributions to any Cloud Open Source projects.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2019, 2:08:04 AM