American Express Careers
Director, Global Web Design for Loyalty & Benefits
American Express is on a mission to digitize millions of customer interactions each day while creating new ways to connect that are meaningful and relevant. The Global Digital Experience team, as part of the global enterprise Consumer organization, is focused on Enabling Innovation, Accelerating Agility, and Empowering Customers through breakthrough digital products and experiences designed to delight Card Members.
The Web Director of Design at American Express plays a critical role in ensuring American Express remains “The Most Respected Service Brand” in the world. It is the responsibility of the Director to establish best practices and design thinking and processes that drive best-in-class digital experiences and adhere to accessible standards and brand consistency.
This individual will lead design for the global web experiences for Membership Rewards, Cashback and Co-Brand Loyalty and our extended benefits portfolio that includes Entertainment, Lounges and more. The position is an integral role in a highly integrated team, acting as an ambassador for design principles and best practices with a focus on customer outcomes & experiences in partnership with web delivery functions. The successful applicant will demonstrate a track record of developing strong partnerships and common understanding with Product/Channel Owners and Technology teams on day-to-day product delivery.
Our Core Design Principles
This is the heart and soul of great customer service. We provide Card Members with personalized experiences they can trust, designed for clarity and transparency.
Transparent design and language reinforces the value of being a Card Member by promoting trust and understanding of what’s being said and how it’s being presented.
Great customer service anticipates and addresses a Card Member’s needs before they do. Our design is all about them.
- Brainstorm and create concepts that form the basis of user experiences across channels (mobile, tablet, and desktop)
- Lead a team of 10 designers through all phases of product development
- Ground ideas in data-driven solutions by partnering with our User Experience Research team to incorporate Card Member insights and principles throughout the creative process
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, partner feedback, and research into a vision that provides a clear, useful, and desirable outcome for Card Members
- Clearly and confidently communicate with an affinity for visual storytelling
- Champion agile values within the Design team, and implement proven methodologies for collaboration and integration with the Product and Engineering teams
- Be a passionate advocate for the Card Member
- Manage relationships with internal partners
- Mastery and proven success in two or more, excellence in in the remaining:
- Service Design / Design Thinking
- UX / Interaction Design
- UI / Visual Design
- Leadership / Management
- Communication and Collaboration with Product, Engineering, Business peers and other Stakeholders
- Proven track record of success leading a team of designers from intake and prioritization, to outcome definition and execution and through continuous optimization and maintenance
- Deep understanding of current design and user experience research methodologies (Design Thinking, Lean UX, Rapid Lab / Cadence Testing, etc.)
- Understands design at scale within a large organization and can navigate the complexities of a diverse cross-functional team with multiple stakeholders
- 7+ years of industry experience highly preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2019, 4:23:11 PM