Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express’s mission is to be world’s most respected service brand. Global Credit Administration protects American Express' assets by minimizing credit and fraud losses at best-in-class levels. We utilize outstanding techniques, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, and provide superior service to improve customer and shareholder value. We will accomplish this by having the most talented teams who are supported by best-in-class capabilities and processes.
As a Collections Associate you will be responsible for building relationships with our customers, whose account payments are overdue, assisting them with their situation and solving their problems to reach a positive conclusion for both American Express and our valued clients. This role will involve making outbound or inbound calls to our valued customers. The objective of the call is to gain the customers commitment to making payments on their overdue account and enabling them to spend on the card.
- Risk analysis and review of customer accounts, recommending process improvements deemed necessary
- Review the risk of accounts to assess whether to permit or stop further spend,
- Compliance with privacy and consumer credit legislation
- Adhering to American Express policy and procedures
- Support the goal of providing value added service whilst simultaneously balancing service and control
- Use sales techniques to promote spend and encourage customers to provide supporting financial information
- Building rapport with the card members and actively listening to the issues that may have arisen,
- Providing solutions to the card members to help them bring their account into normal status,
- Negotiation with card members to determine the best course of action and gaining agreement for both short and long term solutions,
- Following up on any actions that are a result of the call and documenting all actions,
- Resolve card members enquiries in a professional and business like manner and on a superior level to competitors to minimize loss provision,
- Respond to card members enquiries in a manner, offering personalised service with a ‘can do’ attitude
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, college undergrads may apply
• At least 2 years of Collections experience is required
• Ability to work in a fast paced metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a windows environment.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
• Excellent negotiation skills