Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Looking for energetic, high-performing Engineer to help shape our technology and product roadmap for Commercial Cornerstone and Organized Data Layer. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial team to deliver innovative solutions on Big Data (Cornerstone) for GCP Organization and migration of SAS based SPS JAPA and EMEA Platform to One Commercial.
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Functions as member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices wrt tools, common components, and documentation
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews & testing
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Production, modification, and maintenance of websites and web application user interfaces
- Creating tools that enhance how users see and interact with your site in any browser
- Implementing responsive design for mobile sites
- Contributing some back-end experience, collaborating on APIs, and more
- Maintaining software workflow management with a project management tool like GitHub
- Testing the site during development for usability and fixing any bugs
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.