American Express Careers
American Express offers an amazing opportunity for an engineering expert to lead the development of Marketing Execution, Sales and Client Management functions in support of Global Marketing, Merchant and Network organizations, as a part of Enterprise Platforms – Salesforce organization. Enterprise Platforms is an organization whose core purpose is to transform, the platform solution-delivery model for American Express, dramatically improving our product and engineering effectiveness, strategic agility and speed to market to deliver world class platforms for our customers. Enterprise Platforms – Salesforce organization is responsible for creating solutions on Salesforce platform by harnessing the power of Data, AI/Machine Learning, and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for our Sales, CRM, and Marketing colleagues across the Enterprise.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineering leader who will drive the vision, strategy and innovation of the Marketing Execution and Merchant Sales platform to ensure it meets the evolving needs of our Sales and Marketing colleagues and the industry. You will have plenty of opportunities to make your mark on the global solutions that you will create leveraging Salesforce platform. Create vision and roadmap to leapfrog into the future with the support of digital capabilities, Data, AI/Machine Learning, and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to provide unique experience to thousands of our Sales and Marketing colleagues. This is an excellent opportunity to fast-track a fulfilling career as an engineering leader – with excellent rewards and benefits – at American Express
As a Vice President in American Express’ Technology organization you will need to have substantial experience in developing large scale and enterprise-grade distributed systems, software engineering and operations.
• Own the end-to-end platform architecture & engineering of AXP’s global Marketing Execution, Sales and Client servicing capabilities.
• Drive the platform transformation, and the associated engineering culture, tools, processes and frameworks.
• Recruit, retain and lead the best engineering talent that will help advance our software engineering practices while accelerating the Sales and Marketing Digital transformation journey.
• Lead scrum teams, sprints and releases – including feature planning, backlog prioritization, stakeholder management, defining technical OKRs, continuous improvement in velocity & productivity and issue management.
• Lead design thinking exercises to identify new ideas, methods and approaches for modern software development; includes simplification and reengineering opportunities.
• Collaborate across engineering, product and Salesforce platform shared services teams to accelerate implementation through use of OKR’s, designing lean processes, tech industry best practices and a continuous platform blueprint.
• Build a diverse and inclusive team and culture that is customer centric, data driven, agile and innovative.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Industry recognized Salesforce platform, Data and digital technology engineering prowess.
- Transformative and innovative leader who is a proven catalyst for change.
- Customer-centric, Proactive, Flexible & Outcome-focused.
- 15+ years software development experience with a demonstrable track record of building technically demanding platforms
- 5+ years developing various Salesforce cloud platform solutions, modernizing Salesforce implementations using Lightning, DX, Einstein and integrating with other enterprise platforms at scale
- 5+ years proven leadership experience of large, fast-paced and dynamic engineering teams
- Extensive and recent hands-on experience engineering and successfully implementing complex, large scale, enterprise software products and cloud native platforms.
- Recent hands-on experience in the development of enterprise-grade API(s).
- Recent experience with agile development methodologies.
- Recent hand-on experience with modern software engineering concepts (e.g. CI/CD, DevOps, rapid prototyping, test automation, containers, microservices, etc.).
- Maturity managing complex platforms that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to flip seamlessly between customer, executive stakeholder and engineering dialogs.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels of a matrixed organization across varying functions
- Ability to establish credibility with engineers quickly
- Capable of motivating people, instilling accountability and achieving results
- BS / MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 2:21:07 PM