American Express Careers
Director - Market HR
- Representing the HR voice and the needs of the colleague base
- Leading local talent planning and supporting career management and colleague development
- Ensuring a “One Amex” approach to colleague engagement
- Driving change management efforts
- Collaborating with Centers of Excellence, HR Business Partners and local senior leadership to deliver a positive colleague experience
- Providing leadership to the Market Human Resources team including 1 Manager and 1 Analyst
- Leads the design and delivery of the Market Colleague Plan.
- Coordinates with HRBPs, COEs and other Market HR colleagues to ensure alignment and effective deployment of key initiatives.
- Seeks and leverages data to make informed Market decisions.
- Effectively deploys the right tools and solutions to drive engagement and business results.
- Ensures location level focus on globally driven initiatives, including talent, development, engagement, diversity, etc.
- Acts as the guardian of the culture by activating the colleague value proposition locally in partnership with local stakeholders.
- Builds understanding and knowledge of the Virtual community and the leadership skills required to lead a virtual team throughout the US.
- As a key member of the Market and Virtual Leadership Team, act as coach, advisor and lead as appropriate on matters related to all aspects of the colleague lifecycle.
- Ensures HR has plans in place to manage change projects (which can be LOB-driven partnering with LOBs/ HRBPs) within the market including restructuring, acquisition, real estate and other large scale changes affecting talent movement.
- Creates a high-performing Market HR team
- Contributes to a “One HR” team culture across all HR resources in the market and encourages team work. May serve as a point of integration for all HR activities.
- 7+ years of relevant HR experience
- Strong people leader, with the ability to engage and create “followership” from others. Creates vision and provides clarity for team
- Excellent communication skills able to cascade complex messages in simple form and ensure colleagues can see how what they do day to day supports the company’s strategic priorities and direction.
- Keen focus on driving measurable high impact outcomes
- Demonstrable keen focus on and concern for the overall colleague experience
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, and flex between a big picture view and detailed execution
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence colleagues, challenge the status quo, and confront difficult issues
- Awareness and understanding of the local culture and how things work in the local market
- Understanding of the local talent landscape, pipeline, and labor market
- Business knowledge and financial acumen
- Ability to identify and coordinate resources to deliver services/solutions across
- Track record in successful management of colleague relations, with awareness of evolving employment legislation and practice.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 5:03:33 PM