American Express Careers
Software Engineering Director
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
We are looking for a dynamic Engineering Director to deliver world-class software solutions supporting our global platform vision.This includes leading product engineering teams, fostering a creative engineering culture, innovation using new technologies, cultivating continual improvement in processes service quality, and strategic planning.
- Delivering software solutions that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations by fostering and driving innovation and experimentation within Technology.
- Able to share technology subject matter expertise with architects and other engineers across multiple organizations.
- Supply technical leadership and apply best practices to further leading-edge technology solutions.
- Ensure product releases are high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Partner closely with the product teams and establish highly collaborative, productive, partnerships with stakeholders.
- Develop culture enabling high employee engagement and cohesive, collaborative teams across domains and locations.
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps.
- Coach, guide and promote creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant deliverables across engineering teams.
- Recruit and cultivate top talent by driving technical and leadership development.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Significant experience leading software engineering teams
- Extensive hands-on experience building and being responsible for the development of complex, large scale enterprise applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban and scaled Agile application development methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 4:11:28 AM