American Express Careers
Engineering Director - Converged Infrastructure
- Responsible for ensuring availability targets are exceeded for all platforms and customers
- Recommends technology related strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Drive operational efficiencies via automation of repetitive tasks / issues
- Provide IT thought leadership to deliver premier customer focused midrange infrastructure services
- Lead end-to-end incident management including responding to automated alerts and customer reported issues and root cause analysis and implement permanent resolution
- Lead change management for the AXP managed midrange environment
- Manage compliance via Installing security patches and operating system updates as per security needs
- Drive infrastructure hygiene and infrastructure currency programs
- Act as a change agent to continuously improve the delivery of midrange infrastructure services
- Act as a main liaison between IT and the Business for midrange services
- Improve value from Service Providers in partnership with Vendor Management
- Committed to our diverse workforce goals ensuring equal opportunities for all our team members
- Develop relationships with customers to help them through their challenges and goals of the company
- Provide support during enterprise level crisis management. Identify, handle, and resolve issues/risks and escalations to leadership team as appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- 10+ years of experience leading IT Infrastructure Operations
- Working knowledge of Midrange technology (i.e. RedHat Linux, Windows Server, VMware, Nutanix, Oracle) monitoring and management tools, automation technologies, concepts, and standard methodologies
- Shown Operations Management experience and infrastructure production support experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading global teams of employees, contractors and vendor partners
- Strategic thinker, who is able to combine technical skills with overall business strategy to deliver creative solutions for problem resolution
- Experience working with and communicating to senior leaders in technologies and the business
- Ability to make sound decisions, handle escalations under pressure
- Ability to lead multiple projects with changing priorities
- Proven interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to challenge traditional thinking by engaging in constructive dialogue
- Experience in IT Service Management processes, ITIL certified a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2019, 10:48:49 PM