American Express Careers
Manager / Senior Manager - Unified Membership Experience Strategy
We are seeking an energetic, strategic thought-leader who always puts the customer first, breaks down organizational silos, excels in relationship building, is an independent critical thinker and wants to be at the forefront of digital best practices. As part of the UME team within GCS, this person will be responsible for This person will be responsible for all strategic elements of the UME program, including; defining the future vision, strategy and roadmap, the tracking and performance, internal communication across the enterprise and high visibility special projects. This is a high visibility role that will working direct partnership with the UME LT, GCS SLT and key stakeholders across the business.
- Works closely with Unified Membership Experience leadership to define the overall strategy of the UME program, including defining the prioritization criteria and methodology for UME initiatives, and developing tools / frameworks to apply this methodology across GCS
- Performs analyses / CBAs to support the overall UME strategy and prioritization framework, and develops executive-level decks to communicate analysis outcomes and key decisions, and influence product / feature development on cross-functional partner roadmaps
- Responsible for 2020 UME requirement intake and prioritization management, serving as a bridge between UME leadership, execution leads, and channel and enabling partners to map short-term initiatives to the three-year vision
- Responsible for customer research and hypothesis testing to help define and validate UME strategy
- Responsible for developing the Unified Membership Experience communications strategy, including differentiated communications tactics that engage key audiences and stakeholder groups across AXP to keep them informed on UME progress and releases, and to inspire support / excitement for the program
- Creates and manages all UME communications vehicles and events in partnership with internal / external partners
- Works closely with the UME Project Manager and Strategy Manager to communicate out to UME Leaders, senior stakeholders and cross-functional partners to identify synergies, facilitate the necessary review and approvals, and accelerate program-level decision-making
- 3-5 years of work experience in strategy, management consulting product development or product management
- Experience working with commercial customers or in the Fin Tech industry a plus
- Strong strategic thinking with a proven track record of driving successful strategies or projects
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- Superior communication skills with ability to translate detail and complexity into clear and influential arguments
- Able to apply a test & learn mentality to unearth customer insights efficiently
- Highly organized, individual initiative and personal accountability
- Loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- A “driver” personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- MBA or related field recommended, with a BA/BS preferably in CS or technical field.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2019, 11:37:52 AM