American Express Careers
Engineering Director of Vendor Managed Infrastructure Operations
Seeking an Engineering Director for our Midrange Vendor Infrastructure Operations; you will work with our outsourced infrastructure partners in delivery of services to the application teams. Platforms supported included: AIX and X86 compute, SAN and NAS Storage, and high availability Stratus compute platforms. You will influence and collaborate with Technology Partners and Product Managers to identify areas of opportunity and risk to our availability and budgets. In addition, you will engage in infrastructure design and migrations to ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods and solutions that truly improve the overall experience.
What are the responsibilities of the position?
- Actively support our Technology Partners to deliver operations and infrastructure to our application teams
- Uplift infrastructure and work with customer applications on migrations/adoption to optimize the environment, align with strategies, and improve availability
- Committed to our diverse workforce goals ensuring equal opportunities and growth for all our team members
- Develop relations with internal customers to help them through their challenges and ensure our customers partner with the outsourced vendors to support the goals of the company
- Oversight of continuous patching to ensure our infrastructure is secure and reliable
- Responsible for ensuring availability targets are exceeded for all platforms and customers
- Provide support during enterprise level crisis management. Identify, handle, and resolve issues/risks and concerns to leadership team as appropriate.
- Provide 7x24x365 direct support for these portfolios
- Provide the thought-leadership required for Operational Readiness and Service Transition for new/revised services
- Provide input into product development organizations to improve product performance, availability, maintainability, resilience, recoverability, and value
- Confident in influencing other technical leaders as well as business partners
Do you have these qualifications?
- BS or MS degree and 3-6 years of work experience in technical delivery or operations
- 2+ year’s professional management experience providing operations support and architecture delivery
- Knowledge of Midrange, Compute and Storage is highly desired
- Understanding of ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, Problem management and support procedures
- Ability to communicate with internal and external business partners, Sr. leaders, and technology teams
- Strategic thinker, who is able to combine technical skills with overall business strategy to creatively resolve complex problems in a dynamic environment
- Experience, leading and nurturing teams of employees, contractors and vendor partners
- Proven level of interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to lead multiple projects at a time with minimal mentorship and direction
- Passion to work together and challenge traditional thinking by engaging in constructive dialogue
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2019, 10:53:29 PM