American Express Careers
Manager / Senior Manager - Merchant Coverage, JAPA
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Develop deep understanding of merchant acceptance across Asia Pacific markets, to include the plans of each market to expand coverage over time
- Uncover core needs of internal and external clients with respect to merchant acceptance
- Leverage strong analytical skills to understand acceptance-related data
- Go beyond analytics and be a strategic partner that offers strategic insights, communicates them clearly, and ensures that they drive business decisions
- Advise internal partners on the proper interpretation and use of merchant coverage information as appropriate
- Partner closely across GS&C and multiple business lines to create meaningful, compliant coverage-related collateral that helps win new business and retain existing customers
- Support research activities that measure coverage and coverage perceptions
- Drive initiatives that innovate and drive efficiencies in the way our global team operates
- Previous consulting experience within the Financial Services or Cards/ Payments industry essential
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of core analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate strategic insights into an appropriate analytical framework
- Flawless attention to detail
- Concise and impactful written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality business results within tight deadlines
- Proven ability to influence and build strong relationships at a Senior Management level with internal and external partners
- Excellent project management discipline
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2019, 4:29:33 AM