American Express Careers
Lead Business Analyst
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it
• Utilize broad set of analytical tools/techniques for data mining, data cleansing, data extraction, analysis & transformation, data interpretation & insights, turn-key bundled analytic & reporting solutions
Purpose of the Role:
work with other functional teams to access data elements, understand data being analyzed, and identify process improvement opportunities. Database work can be part of larger strategic projects and processes so ability to meet deadlines is critical.
• Work on various In house reporting tools to pull standard & custom reports
• Regular communication with Global business partners to understand changes in process and implementing process changes in-house.
QualificationsCritical Factors to Success:
• Be strong in managing the requirements gathering, planning and execution of the process improvement project.
• Be nimble with time sensitivity as the key skill to deliver on high priority business commitment.
• Identify and recommend process improvements based on results of analytics work
• 2 – 3 years of overall experience in data research, analysis and operations role involving efficiency gain examples across business units
• Bachelors in Engineering, commerce or related fields is strongly desired
Data Interpretation & Turn-key Analytic Solutions (Product Development)
SAS Enterprise Guide (SAS EG), Macros & Advanced SAS
Knowledge of Platforms:
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019, 1:19:12 PM