American Express Careers
Programmer Analyst-credit & fraud risk
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position is within the Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities, Gurgaon, as the Business System Analyst/Assistant Manager for Credit and Fraud Operations , that’s going to be foundation of world class Bureau Capabilities. This person will work closely with technology and Risk colleagues, globally to accomplish the team's mission. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Business System Analyst/Manager – : - Business System Analyst of Global Accounts Monitor Capability in Cornerstone Big Data platform. GAM Transformation is a multiyear program to transform multiple inbound data feeds from various Credit Bureaus (US/Intl, Consumer/Commercial). Partner with business users to understand their business needs, Build roadmap for future releases and prioritize efforts, Work with Technology team on the program and partner with business users on onboarding in POA.
• Business System Analyst/Manager – Bureau Reporting: - Business System Analyst of Fraud Capability across the globe. Partner with business users to understand their business needs/regulatory changes, prioritize efforts, work with Technology/ARC team on the overall execution.
• Strong hands-on system analysis/technology with 2-6 years of industry experience
• Experience in operating as a system analyst/manager and driving technology projects
• Experience in building foundational data capabilities to enable reporting and analytics initiatives
• Experience with Big Data, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence domains
• Strong understanding of project management methodologies (Agile)
• Experience with Amex systems like Cornerstone, IDN, GAM, CAS would be strongly preferred
• Exposure to Credit Bureau domain will be preferred.
• Strong relationship management and team orientation; ability to lead and influence others in a cross-functional environment
• Strategic thinker who can partner with key stakeholders to drive the direction of the business
• Superior communication skills with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrix environment
• Ability to make complex prioritization trade-offs and tactical decisions using sound business judgment, analytical and reasoning skills
• Self-starter with ability to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
• Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams and work across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes
• A passion for innovation with demonstrated ability to drive capabilities innovation and resultant business growth; experience in applying existing and emerging technologies to deliver against customer goals
• 2-6 years of relevant work experience and preferably a Master's Degree or equivalent.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 4:52:53 AM