American Express Careers
Full Stack Engineer
Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code / API's
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Produce software builds from software source code
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing production application availability
- Write instructions to guide computer operators during production runs
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- 3 years of experience in design and development of multi-tier scalable and responsive web applications using latest Java/J2EE frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Experience developing RESTFul API’s using Spring, Rest-Easy & JAX-RS framework.
- Experience building Junit test cases for unit and integration tests using Junit and Mock frameworks like PowerMock, EasyMock,
- Configuring test suites using selenium and LISA for automating regression testing
- Extensive experience in using debugging tools like Splunk, Coradiant, Putty & WinSCP
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2019, 1:51:17 PM