American Express Careers
Manager, International Account Development
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Today is the best time to start an amazing journey with us! Be an American Express Business Development Manager!
American Express Global Commercial Payments (GCP) is the leading provider of payments for businesses of all sizes globally. The SME SBS Acquisition Team is a key part of GCP and manages relationships with Small Business clients in Australia
As a result of exceptional sales growth and business opportunity we are expanding our acquisition team and recruiting for a Business Development Manager / Sales Leader, integrating into the existing Subject Matter Expert SBS Acquisition team in Australia.
You will be responsible for growing the SBS B2B business through leading and coaching a phone sales team in developing a solid pipeline of prospects, card acquisition and growth opportunities focusing intently on acquiring in the $0-500K revenue range of companies in Australia.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BUILD A CAREER HERE? HERE’S WHAT WE’LL ACHIEVE WITH YOU:
- Lead and develop a high performing team of direct reports (6-8) to acquire new clients, using their in-depth knowledge and understanding of American Express value proposition, products and services;
- Sales Planning – identify target markets, industries and territories, align sales team to these markets, develop sales plan to ensure team is on track to deliver full year goals & targets;
- Set team and individual targets and build a robust plan to deliver the business results;
- Aggressively manage the sales pipeline ensuring the pipeline is robust and will meet the targets including accurate and timely reporting of the pipeline and prospects in the pipeline;
- Partner with Marketing Manager SBS to align goals and ensure effective collaboration between the two teams;
- Manage continuous improvement initiatives through fully engaging in the Performance Management and Development Planning Process with a clear focus on employee engagement while motivating and engaging individual team members to exceed goals;
- Fosters relationships with global, regional and /or local counterparts and collaborates with support to drive profitable growth, overcome obstacles and support business objectives;
- Develop performance reports and analysis to track team productivity and sales outcomes;
- CRM – fully leverage Salesforce.com as the platform to manage all opportunities and reporting;
HERE ARE SOME PERKS TO EXCITE YOU!
- PERMANENT DAY SHIFT (Australia time) – WEEKENDS OFF GUARANTEED!
- QUARTERLY SALES INCENTIVE PLAN
- Direct working relation with local and global stakeholders
- Opportunity to work in a culture of high level of independence, as well as team work
- Career development – We nurture extraordinary talent & enable growth!
- Culture of recognition – Praise, rewards and celebrations!
- HMO coverage for you and your qualified dependents on Day 1
- Life Insurance and Critical Illness benefit (over and above HMO)
- Retirement Benefit – grow with us!
- Attractive leave options & fun and exciting on-site facilities (fitness studio, gym with instructor, mother’s room and our famous Karaoke room!)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Exceptional leadership experience with a proven ability to drive teams towards KPI’s and sales targets;
- Proven capability in developing and implementing various business strategies;
- Experience in direct sales and B2B corporate sales management;
- Proven ability to create a high performing team and to motivate team members to deliver targets;
- Previous experience of working within a regulated industry with a high level of compliance (Nice-To Have)
- Confident, resilient and willing to go the extra mile to be a success, and is effective and persuasive, with a high level of executive presence and builds a strong followership;
- Demonstrates ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment to influence, collaborate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders globally, regionally and/or locally.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 30, 2019, 2:12:36 AM