American Express Careers
Strategy and Project Manager
Within Global Commercial Services, OPC acquires, engages and develops relationships with corporate clients from 3 different markets within SME segment.
Soon, it will become a team +80 employees, based in Madrid. This position will report to the OPC Director.
This role will be critical for driving efficiencies through project management, analysis and implementation of key strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will manage end-to-end delivery of projects from problem structuring to presentation, interacting with main stakeholders within/outside the team. The role will be highly visible to senior leadership & business partners.
The ideal candidate will have experience and passion for Sales, Strategic thinking, and Project management, willing to challenge status quo thinking through innovation and new approaches when needed.
- Conducting analysis, sharing insights and making recommendations to the leadership team on important business decisions, ensuring effective communication and implementation, while aligning with key stakeholders in the organization
- Partner with GCS stakeholders & OPC leadership on designing, developing and implementing Sales & Growth strategies with a project management approach, ensuring deadlines and execution are met
- Taking full ownership of strategic projects and processes supporting the OPC team, including among others: sales optimization, Regulatory & Compliance, tools, platforms, processes or Training needs
- Closely support to the OPC Leadership team to ensure their effort and time are focus on driving results, design strategy and team management
- Collaborate with Central teams and/or other LOBs to prioritize and execute local, regional or global initiatives
- Be a key point of contact for projects, initiatives or developments regarding OPC, coordinating efforts with multiple stakeholders across different LOB, support teams or markets involved. Building partnerships across the Blue Box and acting as a key interface for business partners
- Perform analysis and research to develop insights and solutions to tackle the most critical strategic priorities
- Managing meeting content and presentations, including updates to senior business leaders, Town Halls or business unit reviews
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Outstanding project/process management, with a track record of successfully leading complex projects spanning multiple organizational layers
- Superior organization and planning skills are essential. Ability to multi-task
- Strong relationship building skills, including the ability to influence positive outcomes and develop strong partnership/relationship with key business units
- Proven experience managing relationships across different businesses, different levels within the organization, different time zones and different geographies/markets
- Be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead multiple projects with limited guidance
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with the ability to manage through unstructured situations
- Demonstrated experience presenting to Senior Leadership and handling escalations
- Demonstrable strong analytical aptitude and ability to analyze data to come up with meaningful insights and make informed business decisions.
- Ability to scope new project ideas, successfully develop and execute growth strategies
- Excellent team player
- Strong professional presence; effective communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter who thrives and works effectively in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Proven proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project tools
- Proven financial and commercial acumen with experience of considering business data into clear insights
- Experience on commercial center of excellence will be a plus. Knowledge on how to get efficiencies and economies of scale in large commercial and/or operational large teams
- Knowledge/experience on tools targeting sales efficiencies or customer experience.
- Fluent English & Spanish, other European languages welcome
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2019, 9:32:06 AM