American Express Careers
Manager/Sr Manager – Merchant and Network Services Risk Management
American Express has a network that connects millions of consumers, merchants and businesses around the globe in a payments and commerce ecosystem that creates value for all its constituents.
Our Global Merchant Services (GMS) Risk Management Team stands behind each of these purchases, thus protecting this network of millions of consumers, merchants and businesses. Our team makes this happen by leveraging advanced machine learning and network algorithms.
The job entails working in a fast-paced and research-focused environment, leveraging large amounts of linked and unstructured data to predict and prevent credit and fraud risk. Responsibilities include developing the next generation risk management solutions and capabilities and effective collection strategies.
This position will interface with key partners including the Acquisition, Relationship Management, World Services, Risk Decision Science, Operational Business Partners and External Agencies in order to create and drive best-in-class strategy to prevent fraud, limit credit losses and enable collections. The ideal candidate will have experience in applying data analysis and turning them into strategic insights.
Responsibilities: The incumbent will be a data analyst and technology enthusiast to ensure credit and fraud losses are trending to zero.
- Develop innovative approaches and algorithms to reduce fraud & credit losses
- Create and enhance the core risk foundations and design the blueprint of next generation of risk management science & infrastructure
- Conduct in-depth analysis of both internal and external data sources for the ongoing development of tailored risk mitigation strategies
- Identify emerging credit loss trends and implement solutions to support profitable growth
- Partner with Acquisition, Relationship Management, Compliance, Collections, Operations and External Agencies to implement strategies
- Proficiency in working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data, including text mining and natural language processing
- Strong understanding of machine learning techniques and modeling concepts
- Proven programming skills and experience in SQL/SAS, object oriented or functional programming languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship management and influencing abilities
- Superior organizational, time management, and project management skills with demonstrated proficiency in simultaneously managing multiple projects
- Experience in merchant acquiring industry or independent sales organizations (ISO) credit risk management is preferred
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics) or MBA with quantitative background and relevant experience
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 12:01:00 AM