American Express Careers
Manager, US Customer Data Science & Analytics
This role is in the Enterprise Digital & Analytics - US Customer Data Science & Analytics team and is responsible for driving positive value for CPS customers, partners and shareholders through best-in-class analytics for outbound channel marketing. In this role you will perform strategic analysis to identify business opportunities, model customer behaviors to effectively target customers, and perform in-market test & learn to understand the effectiveness of key marketing initiatives through the customer lifecycle. This role will work with a wide range of tools, from proven industry standards (e.g., SQL, SAS, Python) to big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Hive), to deliver on business objectives and drive innovation.
Key responsibilities would be to:
- Build and explore customer datasets to provide context on the business problems being addressed
- Ensure operational excellence in campaign execution and support for marketing priorities
- Conduct strategic analyses or in-market test to inform business decisions
- Syntheses business insights and recommendations for presentation to key stakeholders
- Develop strong relationship with internal partners to understand and help frame key business problems
- Strong quantitative skills with a solid understanding of probability and statistics
- Expertise in an analytical language (SAS, Python, R, or the equivalent), and experience with databases (Hive, SQL, or the equivalent).
- Prior experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, or the equivalent) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to frame business problems into analytical problem, leverage external thinking and tools to deliver business insights
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple priorities simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Superb communication, collabor1-2 years of work experience in the Credit Card or Financial Industry preferred
- ating and influencing skills are required
- Previous experience in customer data and marketing analytics preferred
- Minimum Master's Degree in Quantitative field or Business Administration
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2019, 5:06:57 PM