American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Full Stack
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. Digital Acquisition is a core business process within American Express Technologies, which is accountable for delivery of online card acquisition journeys supporting the Consumer Card business. The capabilities within the Digital Acquisition platform encompass responsively designed web applications, B2B service integrations, and agent-assisted mobile capabilities supporting customer applications for credit/charge card products. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a Sr Software Engineer the successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
· Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and builds automation tools for testing
· Performing hands-on software and strategy development, typically spending most of time actually writing code, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
· Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
· Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
· Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
· Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
· Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
· Quickly generate and updating prototypes from UI concepts for testing and team feedback
· Finalizing prototypes into Web Applications by integrating with back-end services and functionality
· Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do
· Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
· Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
· Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
· Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
· Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
This high energy Senior Software Engineer must have:
· 5+ years of software development experience and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
· Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
· Experience in creating and integrating with REST based Web Services.
· Thorough understanding of JSON, and data structure fundamentals
· Experience with continuous integration and various testing frameworks (web driver IO, JEST)
· Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
· Experience with internationalization and localization
· A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
· Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
· Experience with Cloud Based application development & deployments
· Experience with Native / Hybrid app development.
· Experience with Java based service frameworks.
· Experience with a broad range of software languages and acquisition technologies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2019, 2:35:09 PM