American Express Careers
Business Development Manager Supplier Payments
Anyone can offer a card.
It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
American Express Global Commercial Payments provides a range of Payment Solutions and other expense management tools to companies of all sizes.
Every member of our executive sales team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours.
[What You’ll Be Doing]
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager Supplier Payments.
In this position you use your passion and advisory skills to win new companies as customers. You do not simply sell American Express products: you offer solutions that help our clients achieve their strategic goals. As a business partner, you understand the economic drivers of your clients and know the needs of CFO’s and CEO’s. You provide tailor-made payment solutions to your clients to support optimization of their working capital and to stabilize cash flow.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities. Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Manage the E2E acquisition process in the Netherlands for working capital solutions and supplier payments
- Be a subject matter expert to both internal and external stakeholders and represent
- American Express on external events (eg. CFO association)
- Influence and innovate to deliver on growth targets, overcome complex client barriers and manage stakeholders across the clients and suppliers organizations
- Collaborate with key internal partners including Finance, Pricing, Risk, Marketing, Product Development and Operations to drive projects and deliver on goals
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of corporate card/payment solutions and common financial solutions (eg. Factoring, reverse factoring, supply chain finance etc.)
- Direct business-to-business sales/account management experience
- Experience developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- A proven track record of presenting to C Level executives
- Demonstrates tenacity and adaptability to navigate complexity and roadblocks
- Manages time and priorities
- Ability to manage complex projects, influencing without authority
- Leverages strong internal and external partnerships to solve for innovative and out-of-pattern customer needs
- University/College graduate or equivalent combination of education and business experience
- Valid drivers-license
- Ability to travel
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2019, 5:20:47 AM