American Express Careers
SQL / VBA Data Analyst
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express Brighton has an exciting opportunity to join the Global Capacity and Contact Management (GCCM) organisation as a Data Analyst. GCCM is a global network with offices in Argentina, India, US and the UK which provide a variety of support and activities for our Customer Fulfilment Network.
This includes but not limited to:
- Supporting and delivering new projects
- Using the latest reporting applications to design new innovative reports
- Providing insight and analytics to senior stakeholders
GCCM Brighton Hub is entering an exciting period which we are looking to take our data structure to the next level and require someone with in-depth knowledge around online analytics and big data platforms and someone with a passion for numbers.
As part of this role the Analyst will be responsible for:
Performing analysis on key metrics to help maximize productivity and Operational excellence
- Producing reports/monthly statistics using multiple American Express data sources and key metrics
- Ability to take direction to drive project deliverables to achieve results within a tight timeframe
- Formulate and implement network level inventory strategy for our internal customers, including leading daily inventory meetings
- Provide real-time Inventory-centric analysis to the business
- Identification, documentation, and communication of business impact, especially in context to Business Performance including service level agreements
- Partner with fellow team members in resolving customer issues
Ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- Intellectually curious with a desire to learn and understand the business.
- Strong Analytical ability/skills with the ability to manipulate large data sets.
- Advanced Excel, Access Database, VBA and SQL skills.
- Critical thinker who exhibits good judgment and intuition (based on experience), knowing when to question outcomes or ask questions based on business/common sense.
- Ability to navigate through a matrix environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously without close supervision.
- Self-starter with ability to execute with Minimal Direction and strong attention to Detail.
- Relaxed yet hard working mentality with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Hands on usage with big data platforms (Hive, Teradata, Hadoop and Cornerstone).
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2019, 11:43:15 AM