American Express Careers
Risk Management Assistant Manager
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- The incumbent will be responsible for driving profitable business growth and strengthen risk controls without adverse surprises while providing an outstanding customer experience for proprietary and network customers in Hong Kong and potentially other markets in Asia.
- Optimizing application of risk management for the Proprietary (Credit Card, Charge Card) and Network portfolios to ensure strong credit performance and delivery of aggressive financial commitments and key customer goals in Hong Kong.
- Effectively interacting and collaborating with colleagues across multiple lines of business including Marketing, Operations and Risk Management to develop, implement and revise the proprietary and network business strategy for risk management processes including new product development, acquisitions/underwriting through to customer management strategies.
- Position requires strong analytical skills to perform data analysis and make recommendations. Be able to identify issues at early stage; find opportunities for business growth and risk process enhancement.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Strong quantitative skills with experience to lead and perform analysis.
- Track record of driving results with strong thought leadership and problem solving skills.
- Self-starters with ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- MBA or a graduate degree in quantitative or engineering field is required.
- Experience and familiarity with AMEX understanding and risk management platforms is preferred.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
The real deal on American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2019, 4:21:26 AM